Monday, October 4, 2010

The Cuban and that girl from Ohio. Part One.

Back in November I really started putting myself out there to date again. Aside from an online presence, I have not had much success at meeting men, so I have stuck with what works, and have been an active user on Ok Cupid, its a fun site, seems like a more ecclectic bunch of folks, and its free. I was unsuccessful in really meet anyone in Sacramento, so I decided to take a leap of faith and expand my horizons to include the East Bay and San Francisco. I knew that if I met somone of interest I would not mind making the trip, and it would give me an excuse to hang out with harpygirl and just generally be more connected to things I enjoy, museums, nice restaurants, hiking, etc.

In April I posted a journal entry denoting a certain level of frustration that men I was interested in in the City were cautious because of my geographic location in Sacramento. I decided to journal and lament the fact that there were all these quality men just a stone's throw away, but they viewed it as galaxies away. In steps "The Cuban." He replied to my journal, and we got to talking. He was engaging, intelligent, attractive, all the things I hope to find. He did give me pause because he was 5 years younger, but he seemed genuinely interested, so I decided to take a chance. We were chatting for a few days and he mentioned it woud be nice to hang out, and was expressing that it would be nice if we could meet sooner rather than later, so on impulse I said I could be in the City that night. I called S and L in Berkeley and a plan was made for me to stay the night there etc.

That evening I was off to meet this very lovely Cuban. We met at a bar (which I later discovered was essentially next door to his apartment.) The chemistry was immediate, and palpable. I have never really had that happen, in fact I did not have much faith that it existed outside of a Hollywood set. But in he walked, my heart skipped a beat, and it was clear we were both experiencing something similar. It was lovely we talked for a bit, and then he invited me to his place. Needless to say, not the best decisions were made, and I spent the night. He said all of the right things, and acted the way I had hoped to be treated. Thus, our tryst began.

No comments:

Post a Comment