Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A return.

So this has been largely silent-due to the fact I have not been dating. 2011 rocked me a little bit. I let myself fall a little bit in love with someone who broke my heart without being any wiser.  Then I did the unthinkable and gave someone another chance who NEVER EVER should have had one, and yea, that crash and burned too.  In August I thought there was a turnaround and I got burned again, so with all of that being said I put myself on a self imposed dating hiatus. It was liberating to not just disable but delete my okcupid profile.  The tail end of 2011 was hard, there was grief, depression, loneliness, all of which were mixed in with laughter, love, friendship and good things. 


As I venture into 2012 and what will mark my 35th year here on the planet, I endeavor to open myself up to the possibility of love.  So with that being said, I am going to put myself out there for dating again.  Although I think I am ready to try a different forum. Perhaps match (it is after all where I met Brandon) or maybe something new.  I did the date around and have fun thing and well it was fun, but I want, need, and am ready for something more.


I want someone who inspires me to be the best version of myself.  Someone to share the ups and downs.  Someone to hug me, and knock some sense into me when I need it. I want to travel, laugh, eat, drink and generally be merry with someone who I also have sex with...I know its a tall order, but seriously peeps, I think I am fairly quality.


Could I be prettier? Well no, given this is my face.  Could I be thinner? Fuck yea, only like 1% of the population could answer that with no.  Could I be more stylish? I endeavor to do so...With that being said I am a cute, independent, smart and occasionally hysterical lady, who while rife with idiosyncrasies, has nothing but love to give.


So 2012 I say bring it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're putting yourself out there again, in whatever format. You deserve a partner, and your description of yourself doesn't begin to touch your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete